Saturday 4 April 2015

a little holiday

So. we are one week into the school holidays. I spent that week doing some of the most amazing, adventurous, memorable, magical things I have ever done in my life. And since I haven't posted in ages I thought I didn't have an excuse this time and needed to share some of these experiences. I'll start off saying I never really go on holidays so I am so grateful that I was able to go on one. 

This trip was filled with blue skies, gorgeous tropical weather, palm trees, animals, coral and happiness. I can't say I've ever exactly seen a nice sunrise since I don't go on that many trips, (at least pretty rises) So when I found out there were sunrises over the ocean on this holiday, the first thing I wanted to do was to go and see one. So...I did just that. 

We had some very long days, very long days, but doing some of the best things. First off, I went to the oldest forest in the world. Gosh, that was such a privilege. We fed kangaroos and joeys and even went to a river to see if we could spot any crocodiles! We didn't... Other than one baby crocodile that we could barely see. I basically just got a glimpse of it. We then went to one of Australia's best reefs, The Great Barrier Reef. I had never been there so I was so excited to go. We went on a boat that took us to an island that had beautiful white sand and was surrounded with the most blue natural water I had ever seen in my life! (In one of the photos below of just the water, gives you an idea of it) Basically...It was heaven. 

I loved floating above the fish, coral and clams while snorkeling. It was so, so relaxing and I never want to let go of that memory. There was a photographer there too, and she got some pretty hilarious photos of my mum and I underwater.

If you know me well, you know I adore photography so I practically filled up my dad's camera with photos. Oops. :)

All in all, probably my favourite holiday I've had and I wish it went longer than 5 nights. However, Easter is tomorrow! Maybe there will be another post on that? Again, I'm very, very grateful that I could go and if you want to, feel free to comment what you've been up to...Or where you want to go?
Claire x


13 comments :

  1. We don't go on holidays to far away places that much ether. It's called a vacation in the USA if you didn't know that already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for telling me, I thought it was called vacation in the USA, but I wasn't sure.

      Delete
  2. What lovely photos! It sounds like you had a wonderful trip ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is gorgeous! And your pictures too!
    Grat post :)
    Andrea | www.andreader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That looks absolutely stunning! Sounds like you had an awesome trip!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scarlie! I miss you x Hope you had a great Easter :)

      Claire x

      Delete
  5. That trip sounds amazing! I'd love to go and meet kangaroos and joeys in person--that would be quite the experience. As for where I want to go visit, well, probably Australia or Europe. ^.^ Happy Easter!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you going to post about your trip to Rome or Paris? (Was that meant to be confidential?) I am working on another book now, going well so far. I'd imagine by now you would be back from you trip. (Or else that would be a really long trip!) Comment latter. Lego/Russi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going on that trip much later in the year. :)

      Delete
  7. One post per month? How interesting.

    ReplyDelete