Friday 13 February 2015


Hello there, I'm Claire. Of course, I must welcome you all to my blog Bright + Clear. If you want to learn more about me and my blog you can click here to open a new tab and have a look around there. I've been trying to push myself to start a blog but of course I couldn't do it because...I didn't like the header, didn't like the layout, didn't like my posts, etc. So because the year is flying past already I didn't want to waste anymore time and just get things done. So, this is what I've come up with! There will be changes throughout this journey, (obviously) but for now I'm happy to just give this a go. Now on with the blogging... 

-High School

Lately I've been doing lots of different things with lots of changes. I started High School around 3 weeks ago which was massive for me. I didn't know anyone apart from two girls who aren't in any of my classes. I think I like it, still not too sure though. I came back from School Camp yesterday. I was very, very scared. Although I've made some friends and am enjoying the subjects. (With the exception of Maths!) For the past 7 years I've been learning Italian as my second language, however this year I have begun French! I love learning about France but if you think I'm good at the accent, you're wrong. I have no idea how to do a French accent. Overall, High School's okay. I'm sure it will get better. 

-My Room

I have lived in the same house, same room for my whole life. When we moved in the walls were a yellow, I've never been to fond of. My family can't bring themselves to repaint the part of the house that is yellow. So I decided I would get rid of the yellow, just in my room. It was quite hard picking colours, I didn't know what would go with the yucky green skirting boards. (Seriously, who picked these colours?) In the end I decided to play it safe with a slightly creamy-white. I really like how it turned out. My room feels so much more alive and I am loving looking through what I will keep and not. I feel like I've moved into a new house. I'm still looking into find a rug because I would love some soft flooring. We've never had a carpet or rug so I think it will be a beautiful change. 

-Taizé Service

My father, brother and I caught up with a few members from the church I go to a few weeks ago. We went to an amazing restaurant before the service started. We didn't eat because we had dinner with my mother beforehand. When everyone was ready we walked over to a fantastic, huge church. Inside was just beautiful! I was lost for words. The windows had beautiful stained glass and the interior was astonishing. We sang many different songs, preyed and had a fun but relaxing time all round. Everyone received a candle when we walked in and my favourite part was when one of the brothers lit his candle from another big and beautiful candle. He passed it on to others unlit candles and it spread through the huge church so quick. It was magnificent seeing everyone with their flames. It lit up the church and our hope. 


Those are some events that have recently happened. Feel free to tell me what kind of posts you would like to see from me. If you made it through this whole post, I'd like to congratulate you! (Virtually shakes hand) Just a quick question before I end of this post, what have you been doing lately? For now, have a great week!

Claire x

24 comments :

  1. Привет! Darn, google, I just had a comment written, then I logged on and it deleted it. Btw, do you mean Middle School in stead of High School, or do they not have Middle School in Australia? Has time gone by this quickly? I have a blog about Russia now, but because of school, computer, learning Russian, and book writing, I haven't worked on it recently. A strange thing just happened here, a substitute teacher that went to my school was arrested. It was shocking he seemed so nice. What is wrong with this world? Any way talk to you later!
    -Lego

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, in Australia we don't have Middle School :) That's weird, I wonder what the teacher did? Good luck with your blog!

      Claire

      Delete
  2. Awesome post, Claire! I loved reading it. :)
    I'm totally going to follow your blog! Your blogs is so amazing, and the design is gorgeous. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! Thanks so much Eve, I'm a huge fan of your designs and posts so this means a lot. :)

      Claire x

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh! I love your layout! :D High school does get better (it does, little by little; I'm halfway done with my first year being a freshman and it's been really enjoyable even if it is stressful).

    xoxo Morning

    (P.S. Do you have a followers button? I want to follow you.... I'll go do so the other way, I suppose. ^.^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Morning! :) I just found out about your blog! It's sooo good. Thanks for the tip, I really needed that. I don't have a bloglovin' follow button- if that's what you mean? But you can follow by email :) And now I've just added a 'Join this site' gadget.

      Thanks for reminding me about those, I'm a bit clueless to a lot of blogging things.
      Thanks again,
      Claire x

      Delete
  4. The join this site button isn't working for me. :( I was just looking up stuff for my book and watching Doctor Who. How often are you meaning to post on here btw? I'll probable be up late again tomorrow because Mondays a (American) holiday. Talk to you later. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why it's not working? I guess I'll post as often as I can! What kind of posts would you wanna see? Thanks, talk to you later!

      Claire

      Delete
    2. this message keeps popping up: We're sorry...

      We were unable to handle your request. Please try again or return a bit later.

      But all the time I try that pops up. Im watching an anime song right now, well it's fan made. (I only watch 1 anime) Ohhh, could you do posts on other counties? I could show you my places board on my pinterest account later. Maybe places like, Russia, or Italy, since you know how to speak basic Italian. Ciao.

      Delete
    3. All good ideas, I'm going over seas later this year so I think I'll do that then :) Anything else?

      Delete
  5. Hello Claire! I love your layout, it's too cute. I followed you through Bloglovin, and I can't wait to see more posts! I hope that you have a great time being a blogger, and remember that there are tons of us out here if you need any help, which you probably don't by the look of your layout and posts so far ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Amy,
      Thank you so much. That makes me feel a lot better :) I love your posts by the way! x

      Claire x

      Delete
  6. Hi Claire,
    When I started high school I knew no one, I promise you it will :)
    I hate french, I just can't master the accent but it is really cool you can speak Italian.
    Great blog I am new here keep up the amazing blog.
    Please checkout my blog if you have a moment I would love a follow and any advice.
    xxx
    Another Teen On The Web

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! :)
      Thank you, very sweet of you to say so. I've just checked out your blog and it's very nice! Keep up the good work, hey?

      Claire x

      Delete
  7. High school will get better, I promise! I'm in my second semester, and at first it was hard to adjust but it just took time for me personally. I love stained glass windows in church's! Something about them is really awesome.
    I really love your blog, Claire! Thanks for checking out mine :)
    -Lauren <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren,
      Yes, I can already see it slowly getting better. Thanks for that! :) Your blog is beautiful and I love your posts. Thanks for hanging out on my blog. :)

      Claire x

      Delete
  8. High school can be overwhelming! I was going from a school with 180 students to a school with a little over 2,000 students. I only knew three people all which where boys, so that didn't help me, of course. Now I am a junior and I have made some really good friends! It seems hard at first but it always gets better!
    Vanessa
    simplyperfectme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa! Thanks for checking out my blog. Yeah, it can be overwhelming..But! It's so getting better :)

      Claire x

      Delete
  9. Gosh darn, google logged me out again when I had a comment written. (Why is it always the long ones?) Anyway, I don't well like retyping it. Talk to me on my blog! Also I think you'd like this song. (Although it's in Russian) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8m2BYv02Nw&index=1&list=RDm8m2BYv02Nw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urrrr, it still wont allow me to join this site.

      Delete
  10. You have an awesome blog! I love these pictures. Keep up the great work! :)

    ~Racic | Washed by the Water

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your blog is beautiful!

      Claire x

      Delete
  11. Hey Claire!

    I was just browsing the blogosphere, and I stumbled upon this one! I adore your design, and the posts I have read so far. Wonderful job!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey!
    Hope your enjoying high school, I start next year! (I'm excited though)
    Cya!
    ~Pasopenguin2
    P.S Do you remember me?

    ReplyDelete